2010-03-28

NASA Aims For Warp Drive

The term they use is 'novel engines', but we can dream can't we. NASA announced on Friday that it was awarding $50 million in grants to companies for novel engine research, which focus more on the use of electricity and non-toxic chemicals than the current batch of engines in use today. Worried by the pollution of the space around Earth and the exodus of precious Earth resources into space, NASA has taken the bold step of looking toward a cleaner future of space travel by taking a closer look at some of the more innovative ideas currently being researched.

The grants were not only hailed by the agency as helping to "explore space as much as we can", but also to look into improving aviation technologies as well. Alternative fuels for aircraft and low-noise propulsion are an ongoing effort by NASA as it looks into ways of improving aviation.

This announcement comes hot on the heels of President Obama's new plans for exploration outlined in the 2011 budget, which include call for NASA to move away from 'concrete' plans for space exploration and focus on new technology and bringing private enterprise into the space arena.

SpaceHead
Digg this

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like Marshall Barnes has a pretty good prototype model already - http://www.topix.com/forum/cleveland/TNGLUCKQACNTF2NSJ

Anonymous said...

I'm fifty six, and have misplaced 9lbs in about a thirty day period along with a fifty percent. I exploit to become an psychological eater, but read relating to this, and altered my consuming habits, the bodyweight is definately appear off. You've
to maneuver rather than sit on your butt all day long. I have began consuming healthier, never
get me wrong, I love my sweets, but I limit them now.

It does function, I take 800mgs at lunch, and 800 mg at meal.
Im in Canada, and i get mine at Costco $26.ninety nine Cdn, and
also you get two bottles off 400mg capsules,
with 60 within the bottle, less expensive than ordering
online, or overall health food shops. I thoroughly believe inside the
green coffee bean supplement.

My page; insanity workout vs insane home fat loss